Child's Heart Foundation activity in 2010
The Foundation activities in 2010 were divided into the following groups:
informational and promotional statutory activities
aid statutory activities
organizational and administrative activities in 2010
financial and substantive report for the year 2010
Informational and promotional statutory activities
In the year 2010 the Foundation pursued the following activities:
1. The following informational and promotional materials were prepared:
1) 3 promotional banners of the Foundation with the www.sercedziecka.org.pl address,
2) a roll-up banner for the conference Child' Heart – 20 years of cardiac defects diagnosis and treatment in Poland,
3) T-shirts with the Foundation's logo – for the regional meetings of the Foundation's service users,
4) promotional balloons with the Foundation's logo,
5) promotional flags with the Foundation's logo,
6) the Foundation's informational leaflets (informing of the Foundation's mission and activities, propagating USG diagnostics, and leaflets propagating the idea of transplantation),
7) informational materials related to the organization of the conference Child' Heart – 20 years of cardiac defects diagnosis and treatment in Poland
8) season's greeting cards,
9) leaflets, calendars, and a post card informing of the 1% of tax fund raising,
2. For the 5th time the Foundation took part in the Great Finale of the WOŚP (The Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity), creating the centre: Child's Heart with 150 volunteers. The entire sum collected, 48 950 PLN, was paid into the WOŚP bank account.
3. The Foundation organized the ceremony of presenting Prof. Jadwiga Moll and Prof. Jacek Moll, doctors at the Polish Mother's Memorial Hospital Research Institute in Lodz, with Order of Smile.
4. The Child's Heart Foundation was invited by the National Chamber of Statutory Auditors to take part in the 2nd Charity Ball of Statutory Auditors organized for the Foundation.
5. The Child's Heart Foundation representatives took part in the 9th edition of Heart Protection Week; the event propagating a healthy lifestyle of children and youth. Heart Protection Week is a cyclical event organized by the Toruńska Schools Complex in Warsaw.
6. The representatives of the Foundation took part in the blood donation event organized by the Police Training Centre in Legionowo.
7. The representatives of the Foundation took part in the 5th EURORDIS Conference on rare diseases.
8. The Foundation's representatives took part in the conference organized by the Children's Memorial Health Institute; Children pulmonary hypertension – diagnostic and therapeutic problems.
9. The Foundation started cooperation with portal DoMore implementing the idea of modern charity.
10. Two regional meetings (Lublewo near Gdansk, Zabierzów near Cracow) of families of children with cardiac defects were organized within the Cordiada programme.
11. World Heart Day celebration:
1) the main celebration of the World Heart Day took place in Wadowice,
2) the Foundation celebrated Heart Day in Provincial Children's Hospital in Bydgoszcz, and it was held under the banner My Heart in My Hands,
3) educational workshop for youth and children promoting healthy eating and healthy lifestyle were organized in Primary School in Czerniejewo.
12. The Foundation organized Polish nationwide conference Child' Heart – 20 years of cardiac defects diagnosis and treatment in Poland. connected with educational workshops for parents.
13. The Foundation was a partner of volleyball tournament Agata Mróz Memorial - the event promoting the idea of transplantation.
14. A short film presenting the Foundation's programmes was prepared.
15. At Christmas time:
1) A Christmas meeting of “heart families” was organized in the Foundation's head office.
2) A carnival ball was organized in Gdansk.
16. The Representatives meeting took place where statutory activities' programme plans were determined.
17. Three meetings of adults with cardiac defects were organized; in Poznan, Lodz, and in the Foundation's head office.
18. A presentation Exercise capacity of children with cardiac defects. was prepared in cooperation with a physiotherapy student and presented during the workshop for parents taking part in the conference Child' Heart – 20 years of cardiac defects diagnosis and treatment in Poland. The presentation was based on surveys and interviews with parents and children with cardiac defects.
19. An SMS charity fund-raising Heart for Heart was organized in cooperation with Tina monthly magazine. Because the fund-raising was organized at Christmas time, the funds from SMS were transferred into the Foundation's account in February 2011.
20. The Foundation's representatives took part in the following training courses:
1) fund-raising training course,
2) bookkeeping in non-government organizations training course,
3)training in non-government organizations' cooperation with business
4) CSR Fairs
5) workshops organized by Brain Juice – Web PR
6) workshops during Economic Forum in Krynica
21. The Foundation's representatives took part in the following conferences:
1) EUROHEARTS conference for adults with cardiac defects in Berlin,
2) What is the public benefit from 1% of tax fund-raising? Conference organized by Donors Forum in Poland,
3) Fund-raising for Public Benefit Organizations conference,
4) EURORDIS– rare disease treatment in the European Union conference,
5) 2nd Krakow Educational Workshop on Congenital Heart Defects conference,
6) EUROPLAN The European Studies Project for the National Rare Disease Control Plans conference.
22. The Foundation was qualified for the Google Grants programme and received unlimited grant of 330 USD daily to use on advertising at Google.
23. The Internet site is being run and constantly developed:
1) The Internet site contains information on the Foundation activity, cardiac defects descriptions, information on medical centres and a lot of other information useful for parents of children with cardiac defects.
2) The Internet site contains descriptions of children for whom we raise funds.
3) A new platform was launched where our previous Internet site was transferred. A graphic design was changed and functionality of the site was improved.
24. A discussion forum on children cardiac defects is being run.
25. The Foundation profile on Facebook was launched.
26. Information concerning the summary of the Foundation's activity was sent to donors and parents.
Aid statutory activities:
1. The Foundation organized fund-raising for Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery Clinics of the Institute of Polish Mother's Health Centre in Lodz, and Cardiac Surgery Clinic of University Children's Hospital in Cracow. The money collected will be spent on the equipment for modernized wards and on educational conferences.
2. The Foundation stays in constant contact and cooperation with the Institute of Polish Mother's Health Centre in Lodz, the Children's Memorial Health Institute in Warsaw, and Cardiac Surgery Clinic in Gdansk to improve the conditions of children's stay in hospitals' wards.
3. A meeting with the Hospital Director, the Economic Director and the Head of the Section of Cardiac Surgery of the Institute of Polish Mother's Health Centre in Lodz on improvements in implementation of the plan of modernization of the Cardiac Surgery ward was organized.
4. The Foundation gives financial support to the families with children with heart defects in financial needs, or to the children who need long-lasting and expensive treatment:
1)The Foundation helps directly children with heart defects and their parents by financing the parents and child's stay in the hospital during the surgery and convalescence. The Foundation paid for about 525 meals, 3507 places to sleep, and transportation to the hospitals and medical centres for 245 families.
2) The foundation financed medical treatment non-refundable by the National Health Fund for 106 children, including financing surgeries in foreign hospitals for two children, and co-financing surgeries in foreign hospitals for 3 children. Other children were given money to cover the costs of medicaments, vaccinations, and rehabilitation.
3) one-time allowance were granted to two families in difficult financial situation, and one family was granted periodic help in the form of monthly scholarship.
4) The Foundation bought and lends the equipment enabling the children to stay at home and buys accessories necessary to use the equipment.
5) At the end of 2010, the Foundation had 23 INR Devices – Coagucheck, 20 pulse oximeters, 10 blood pressure measuring devices and 8 inhalers to lend.
6) To sum up, in 2010 370 children received financial help, including 124 children for whom a special purpose fund-raising was organized.
7) Four children were given help within the Fund Marcin, which is dedicated to help the children and their families who are in financial need because of the loss of one of the parents. The help was focused mainly on educational purposes, e.g. foreign language courses, general development activities, e. g. sports clubs and cultural and recreational activities.
8) Within the Fund Dominika, child-minders were employed to take care of children in need of special care; handicapped children and children that need rehabilitation.
Organizational and administrative activities in 2010
1. Reports for the year 2009 were prepared and approved by the Audit Committee:
1) Financial Report including: introduction to the Report, additional information and explanation, balance sheet, profit and loss account.
2) Substantive report from the Foundation activity.
2. The Foundation, pursuant to the Law, filed reports for the year 2009 to the Tax Office, The National Court Register, the Minister of Health, the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy, and put the reports on the Internet site of the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy, and the Foundation's Internet site.
3. The report to the Central Statistical Office was prepared and handed over in the electronic form.
4. The Foundation received a permit for a nationwide public fund-raising No 3/2010 issued by the Ministry of the Interior and Administration.